Welcome to Year 5 - Your teachers are Mrs Shacklady, Miss Bell & Mrs Brook. We can be contacted on email@example.com
Our Current Learning
Updates and Reminders
Not long til Residential! Please contact us with any questions, or if you are struggling to get any of the kit.
Kit list below
Children will need to bring the following equipment on the visit:
For day 1 a rucksack containing:
o spare socks, underwear, trousers, jumper
o water bottle
o snack for when we arrive (our lunch will be a bit later than normal)
o packed lunch - for the first day - all other meals will be provided
o Spare drink
*Wellies- in a separate plastic bag- not buried at the bottom of a suitcase or in your a rucksack!
Clothing for the trip should include:
- Wellies (a must- see above!)
- Indoor shoes - no slippers
- A waterproof coat and trousers
- Hat and gloves - dependent on the weather
- Sun screen and sun hat - dependent on the weather
- Suitable clothing for the outdoor activities (tracksuit bottoms) NO JEANS
- Suitable clothing for the evening - old clothes as we will be walking outside
- Towels - one large and one smaller one
- Toiletries - no aerosol deodorant/ hair spray (fire alarms!)
- A large plastic bag to put wet clothing/ wellies in!
- Sweets - no more than 200g
Please note that the coach will be leaving at 8:30am so children should be at school at 8:15 - prompt!
Children need to be able to carry ALL their own stuff!!!!!
The coach will return at approximately 5.00pm on Friday 23rd March
Read 2 / 3 times per week.
- Spellings for assessment on Monday 12th March
- ceiling, receipt, receive, deceit, perceive, vein, weight, reign, rein, neighbour
It is our aim and expectation that children will be fluent in place value, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts. The website below is a fun way for children to develop this instant recall. Please also find attached some useful division rules for the children to learn. Spring Term- Jan and Feb- Children need to know the Key Instant Recall Facts for Autumn 1, Autumn 2 and Spring 1- please see link below.
Specific Maths homework may be given occasionally, but (as in Y4) the expectation is that
the children are fluent in the Key Instant Recall facts for this term (and all previous terms).